A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance...Proverbs 15:13

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7
It is important to remember truths about God's Word and remember to be thankful.  In fact, failing to give thanks is the beginning of a downward spiral into spiritual darkness.  Romans 1:21  Scripture tells us that in everything, we are to give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:18  Even in times of our darkest trials and sorrows, we are commanded to give thanks to the Lord in all things.  
Yes, Lord I am thankful that material things are removed from my life at the present; I am thankful for these hard economic times we are all experiencing; I am thankful for your quietness in answering prayers when you are saying, "wait"; and I am thankful for struggles.  But, often times I withhold public thanksgiving that it may come across as boastful or just as strongly------- as it may reveal my weakness.
Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place. Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength, ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name. Bring an offering and come before him; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.  1 Chronicles 16:27-29
With the Thanksgiving Day holiday fast approaching, I am taking time today to reflect on thankfulness.  I want to be so content in the trial 
......that it is disguised as a blessing;
........that my mind sees it as such;
........that it actually becomes it.
I want to be so focused on you, Lord, that I can see nothing else
...........except your goodness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment